I enjoy being creative and making things with my hands. By purchasing Blythe, I gave a shot on making my own doll-dress.
First of all, I googled for some patterns (it is pretty hard to make one, when you do not have the doll yet). There are actually great blogs, that have a good explanation on how to make clothes (patterns included).
A check-list for myself to make some cool clothes:
- http://www.jaszmade.com/ (this one is really great and I recommend you to check it out)
- http://hellomoshi.blogspot.be/2011/12/make-moshi-mini-skirt-for-blythe.html (if you want to make a mini skirt, it looks easy, so I’ll try to make it when I finish the dress)
- http://www.puchicollective.com/sewing-patterns/ (you have some great patterns on this blog)
- http://xoxoblythe.blogspot.be/p/free-patterns.html (the hat looks so cute, I will ask my mom to help me with the beginning of sewing
- http://blythe.burnet.edu.au/latestpatterns6.11.04/ (more of some great patterns)
- http://members.optusnet.com.au/orriettacat/patterns/ (index of great patterns)
- http://www.miseducated.net/2010/04/blythe-clothing-pattern-collection/ ( and more more more :P)
- http://pinterest.com/pin/206954545347919366/ (how cute is this, blythe boots ♥)
- http://pinterest.com/pin/206954545346750352/ (uniform dress)
I will add items to the list, when I find some other patterns for cute clothes.
While I was searching for patterns, I found some other cute things that you can make for your Blythe-house:
- http://sweetlysweet.blogspot.be/2010/11/mini-cupcake-stand-tutorial.html (a cupcake stand in fun colors)
- http://creeretrealiser.kazeo.com/un-sofa-louis-xv/un-sofa-louis-xv,r388610.html (Louis XIV inspired chair)
- http://www.jennifersprintables.com/ (you can find really cute printable stuff)
- http://southerndisposition.blogspot.be/2011/12/how-to-make-barbie-kitchen-table-and.html (table and chairs, but you should check other DIY furniture in her posts, really creative)
- http://pinterest.com/pin/206954545346697944/ (vintage inspired case)
Cannot wait to try one of this inspiring ideas, maybe I should try to make a house before she arrives home (: